Financial Aid Policy
An education from The Discovery School is an investment in your child’s future. We realize that education costs are a significant financial commitment and may be a challenge for some families. Discovery provides partial scholarships based on need.
Financial aid is available to current students and new applicants. All admission decisions are made without regard to financial aid. In order for your financial aid application to be considered, an application for admission must be on file at TDS. Discovery utilizes the SmartAid financial aid program. SmartAid provides an objective financial needs assessment directly to our administration. The application fee is $25.
Applications can be submitted online beginning in December. Partial scholarships are awarded, based on need, beginning in February/March and will be offered as part of the annual student contract process. Applications for financial aid submitted after the January 31 deadline may be considered if scholarship funds remain available.
How do I apply for financial aid?
All financial aid applicants must have a complete admissions application on file to be considered for financial aid. You may access the SmartAid application on line through our website. You must submit all financial documentation, including tax returns, to receive a final financial aid determination. All submissions are confidential and only reviewed by Discovery’s financial aid committee. Tax returns must be submitted and scholarships awards are contingent on tax returns submitted to SmartAid.
The Discovery School's SmartAid code is 14242.
Financial Aid FAQ's
- How is need determined?
- What criteria is used in determining financial aid?
- How much financial aid may I expect to receive?
- What if my financial situation changes?
- Must I repay this award?
- What if I am divorced or separated?
- Are decisions regarding admission and financial aid related?
- Only one parent works outside the home. Must both parents be employed to receive financial aid from Discovery?
- What happens if we withdraw over the summer?
- What happens if we start later in the year?
- If the school is offering remote learning for families, is that still covered under tuition insurance?
The Evans Scholarship is awarded to a Discovery School student or students as a way to show appreciation, and to honor those who serve our countries and our communities. The scholarship is intended for new incoming students, and shall apply to one academic school year. The scholarship shall apply only to the initial year of attendance.
Yes. Many families arrange loans through personal banks or through education programs such as Your Tuition Solution”. With a monthly payment plan from Your Tuition Solution, paying for your child’s education is easier than ever.
- Low Fixed rate - beginning at 3.9%
- Repay on your schedule: 24 to 84 months
- No supplemental or hidden costs.
- No prepayment penalty gives you maximum flexibility
- Plans available for a wide range of credit histories
Apply by mail, fax, phone or internet www.yourtuitionsolution.com for conditional approval in as little as 24 hours.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904)-247-4577 for more information. If you have questions about applying for the loan, call (800) 920-9777, and one of Your Tuition Solutions education financing advisors will be happy to assist you.